Recruit Post-Doctor for "Optoelectronics Intellisense Lab" in SUSTech (Southern University of Science and Technology)
Group’s research directions:
1) Novel micro-structured fiber/fiber laser and its application;
2) Distributed Fiber sensing technology;
3) Microwave photonic sensing and measurement technology;
4) OCT and ultra-fast real-time detection technology;
5) Micro-nano photonics: Metasurface/SERS and its sensing application;
6) Application Research of Optical Information and Sensing Technology in Marine Monitoring, Rail Transit, Perimeter Security, Bridge and Tunnel Safety Monitoring.
Develop research topics, carry out scientific research work and publish high-level academic papers together with cooperative supervisors.
Applied for the National Natural Science Foundation and other provincial and municipal projects actively as the person in charge.
1) Excellent academics, good health, age of below 35 and got your doctorate no earlier than 3 years ago in principle;
2) Ph.D. in Optics, Physics, Signal Processing and other related majors;
3) Strong independent scientific research capabilities and solidarity and cooperation capabilities;
4) Have published at least 2 SCI papers in related professional journals as the first author.
Salary Range and Benefits:
1) Annual salary no less than 335,000 yuan RMB (including provincial and municipal subsidies). Excellent post-doctoral fellows can apply for the "President’s Outstanding Postdoctoral", the annual salary is not less than 507,000 yuan RMB (including provincial and municipal subsidies);
2) Welfare funds will be paid according to the school staff standards, and participate in social insurance and housing provident fund according to the relevant regulations of Shenzhen;
3) Postdoctoral fellows who do not use the dormitory on campus or the public rental housing in Shenzhen without the support of the university can get housing subsidies.
4) The research group provides scientific research funding support, as well as excellent work and office environment;
5) Each team within the specific number of postdoctoral may obtain 25000 yuan two years of academic exchange rates;
6) The research group shall provide corresponding rewards for scientific research performance according to the specific achievements of scientific research;
7) can choose to settle in shenzhen, can deal with the households of your trailing spouses and children;
8) education, enrollment of your children in accordance with the relevant regulations of shenzhen.
9) Other supports:
(A) fully support postdoctoral to apply for National Natural Science Foundation of China, Guangdong Province, Shenzhen at all levels of the topic, also can be applied for all kinds of postdoctoral science foundation;
(B) has the study abroad experience or a doctorate degree abroad, according to your achievement, you can apply for "C level of Shenzhen Peacock Program Talents" or "Shenzhen Reserve Talents", and enjoy the inducement allowance sum to 1.60 million RMB (tax free) totally for 5 years;
© fresh or newly graduated from Dr Good, according to the national postdoctoral management committee issued by the postdoctoral innovative talents support plan, apply for to get "new plan" to support a postdoctoral, granted by the state can be obtained two years 600,000 yuan per person funding (including 200,000 yuan in 400,000 yuan for postdoctoral daily expenses, for postdoctoral science foundation of China).
Introduction of Research Group and experimental platform:
1. Core Members:
Shao Liyang, Ph.D., vice Dean of School of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Southern University of Science and Technology. He is also a researcher of Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, doctoral supervisor. He is a senior member of IEEE/OSA, a life member of SPIE, a senior member of Chinese Optical Society, a member of Optical Testing Committee/Fiber and Integrated Optics Committee, a review expert of major Instrument Project of The Ministry of Science and Technology of China, National Natural Science Foundation of China, Science and Technology Department of Guangdong Province, and Shenzhen Science and Technology Innovation Committee.
His research interests include distributed fiber sensing, fiber grating and fiber laser, photonic crystal fiber devices, micro/nano fiber devices and sensing, optical coherence tomography OCT, lidar, microwave photon sensing measurement, etc. Google Scholar H index 35. At present, Professor Shao has published 110 SCI papers (42 papers as the first author and corresponding author), including Nat.Comm., Light Sci. Appl., Laser Photon. Rev., Adv. Electron. Mater., Nanoscale, Biosen. and Bioelectron..
Perry Shum is a chair professor at Southern University of Science and Technology, OSA Fellow, SPIE Fellow, and global Vice President of IEEE American Society of Optoelectronics. His research fields include silicon photonics, fiber intelligent sensing technology, and high power fiber laser technology. He has published more than 900 papers with H index of 59. As a PI and co-PI, I have applied for more than 50 million yuan in scientific research projects. Chair of major international conferences such as CLEO-PR 2017 and initiator of OGC, PGC, ICOCN, ICAIT, etc.
Song Zhangqi, Ph.D., Professor, doctoral supervisor. He was the deputy director of the Institute of Ocean Acoustics, National University of Defense Technology. He is mainly engaged in teaching and scientific research related to fiber optic information technology and ocean detection technology. His main research interests include fiber optic gyroscope, fiber optic hydrophone, micro-nano fiber sensor and high-precision intensity fiber optic sensor technology. He is currently a local leading talent in Shenzhen, an expert on military-civilian integration in Guangdong Province, and a member of the Optronics Professional Committee of the Armorist Association. It has undertaken and participated in 6 equipment pre-research projects, 5 national major special projects and 3 863 projects. Responsible for 8 horizontal projects of fog technology development and technology transfer; As the core backbone, I also participated in more than 10 research projects of type spectrum, demonstration and verification projects and model projects. He has published more than 50 papers and obtained more than 10 national and military invention patents.
2. Funding support: the Ministry of Science and Technology international cooperation projects, the national natural science fund (on/key project), national high-level talent introduction of scientific research funds, high-level talent introduction of sichuan province, major projects of scientific research funds, the provincial department of start, the shenzhen municipal government scientific research funds, etc., related to the longitudinal funds nearly 20 million yuan.
3. Introduction of "Optoelectronics Intellisense Lab"
Professor Shao Liyang joined Southern University of Science and Technology in August 2017 to set up the Laboratory of Information Photonics and Sensing. In 2020, Professor Shao Liyang, Professor Shen Ping, Professor Song Zhangqi and other well-known scholars jointly set up the "Optoelectronics Intellisense Lab". At present, the laboratory has built fiber polishing system, fiber perimeter security system, fiber pull cone system and femtosecond laser processing system. Table of commonly used equipment purchased by electron microscope, small ion sputtering apparatus, optical fiber welding machine, polarization-maintaining optical fiber welding machine, fiber Bragg grating demodulation devices, optical time domain reflectometer, high-performance oscilloscope, high precision fiber optic spectrometer, electric displacement, 3 d printer, refractometer, and temperature control, photoelectric intensity modulator, optical phase modulator, high-speed broadband PD, femtosecond lasers, etc., And equipped with high-performance computing server and COMSOL Multiphysics multi-physics field simulation software, In the future, we will build and purchase CO2 laser processing system, electrochemical workstation, UV-VIS spectrometer, white light laser source, Nikon high resolution metallographic microscope, C-L band single frequency tunable laser and piezoelectric controlled 3-Dimensional nano translation platform.
Besides, the research group fully supports the postdocs to use the test instrument and characterization platform of public facilities in SUSTech (Southern University of Science and Technology), including Center for Micro/Nano Processing, Analysis and Test, Picometer Center, Frontier and Crossover Research Institute, Institute of Quantum Science and Engineering, Grubbs Institute (Nobel Prize Laboratory), Center for Cryoelectron Microscopy.
4. International Cooperation
The research group has maintained long-term and stable cooperative relations with many well-known universities and research units at home and abroad. The postdoctoral fellows who join the research group can adopt the mode of cooperative training with domestic and foreign cooperative units if they are willing to communicate at home and abroad. Among them, overseas exchanges are handled in the manner of going abroad on business.
please send all materials related to: "firstname.lastname@example.org (Professor Shao)" or "email@example.com (Research Assistant Zhang)", email title named after "position + name".
The relevant application materials are as follows:
1) Personal resume (recent photos, date of birth, education background from the university, work experience, research results, mailing address and telephone number, etc.);
2) Relevant materials that can fully reflect my academic level, such as: PhD thesis, representative papers, awards, major topics or projects, and future research plans.
3) 2-3 letters of recommendation and contact details of the candidates.
Candidates who are qualified for the first interview will be notified by email or by phone. Thank you for your attention!