Are you a gifted computational researcher interested in developing innovative learning algorithms, while making an impact on human health?
Join a dynamic, young team of computational and experimental researchers in the Qutub Lab (QutubLab.org) leading the design of bio-inspired artificial intelligence models and developing neural network assays.
In 2018, the Qutub Lab launched the large scale Quantu Project to map daily cognitive behaviors to cell function (QuantuProject.org). We’re seeking team members with experience in data science, artificial intelligence, and/or information theory; and interest in developing learning algorithms that are inspired by the biology we’re characterizing in the lab.
Open postdoctoral fellowship positions are for 1-year initial appointments, with multi-year extensions based on performance, funding availability, and training goals.
Eligible candidates must have:
1. A PhD in Computer Science, Bioengineering, or related Computational field
2. Experience in artificial intelligence, data science, information theory and/or bioinformatics
3. Interest in applying computational skills to neuroscience and medicine.
We are a problem-solving, cross-disciplinary, milestone-driven team that values creativity, innovation and impact. Beyond technical skills, the following additional qualifications are desired in new team members:
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated productivity, self-motivation, and independence through publications, presentations and/or software products
- Interest in working with highly interdisciplinary teams (including computer scientists, neurobiologists, engineers, and clinicians)
To apply, please submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter stating your (1) research interests, (2) strongest technical skills, and (3) experience relevant to the position online at QutubLab.org/positions