New program in Artificial Intelligence to serve the needs of UAE & the region, to provide qualified professionals in these domains and serve UAE agenda in moving to digital and knowledge economy.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
The College of Computing and Informatics at the University of Sharjah invites qualified candidates from the academic ranks Assistant/Associate/Professor to apply for a faculty position in Artificial Intelligence. The commencement date of this position is in January 2024.
The successful candidates are expected to:
- Teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Contribute to the research activities and initiate research projects leading to effective publications in journals with high ranking and patents
- Supervise postgraduate students' research projects and theses (Masters/PhD)
- Contribute to the development of courses and programs (both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels) offered by the College of Computing and Informatics) and accreditation especially ABET Accreditation and CAA of UAE
- Perform all assigned administrative tasks by the program/department, college and university
- Mentor and advise students at all levels
- Have a Ph.D. in the areas specified above or in closely related fields (From a reputable and internationally recognized University).
- Have demonstrated effective teaching experience in the above-mentioned fields or related ones at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Have a strong record of accomplishment of research publications in refereed scholarly international journals with good impact factors.
- Experience in supervising Senior Design Projects, Master and PhD Theses/Dissertations
- Interest and experience in bridging links with industry and the community are also expected
Minimum qualification includes:
Ph.D. in the areas specified above or in closely related fields (From a reputable and internationally recognized University).