The University of North Texas is seeking a Founding Director for the newly created Computational Informatics Center Core Facility. The successful candidate will oversee the operation and development of the facility in conjunction with the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (VPRI). The director will consult with Principal Investigators to meet their complex computational needs and provide advanced informatics analyses. The director will also interact within a larger, university-supported computing team and will supervise staff and research assistant students to provide expertise to various labs across campus. The director brings together elements of computational/ bioinformatics expertise to promote exchange of data, integrate pipelines, and to analyze and integrate multiple data types including but not limited to transcriptomics, metabolomics and proteomics. Contributions to structural modeling, molecular dynamics and imaging analysis are also anticipated.
Primary Responsibilities * Promotes and enables state-of-the-art informatics analyses
* Works closely with the other core facilities managers and the VPRI to address data analytics needs.
* Implements the addition of new services and tools to the core based on PI needs.
* Assists PIs to analyze and interpret multiple data types, generating insights and testable hypotheses, and respective reports for research projects, grants and manuscripts.
* Provides guidance in data analysis, data integration and data visualization.
* Assists in data mining and computational analysis of large public databases for PI projects.
* Manages core staff, including distributing workload, overseeing quality and completion of core projects with appropriate chargebacks and assures that staff education and training needs are met.
* Manages the core budget, including usage documentation and chargeback billing.
* Oversees maintenance of informative web sites and other investigator outreach materials.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications.
* Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to lead and/or support small groups.
* Possess strong attention to detail.
* Demonstrate strong analytical, time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to support a wide variety of research projects with sometimes competing needs and deadlines.
· Strong computational and computer programming skills, and excellent problem-solving skills· Proficiency in bioinformatics analyses.
* Experience in data visualization techniques.
* Experience in high performance computing and big data analytics.
* Proficiency in statistics and probability concepts.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.