Laboratory Assistant 2, Limited (9603C) 1702 - 1702
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Berkeley Neuroscience is the nexus for campus-wide multidisciplinary neuroscience research. Our research community includes 70 faculty members in 12 academic departments. This unique multi-departmental structure encourages significant collaborations between neuroscientists who use a variety of approaches and leading experts in fields such as engineering, chemistry, statistics, and computation. Berkeley Neuroscience coordinates major research initiatives, supports cutting-edge research and technology centers, and runs the Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute PhD Program.
- Molecular biology and biochemistry procedures, and techniques and implementation of these procedures to analyze existing data
- Generating figures and text for publication in Peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts
- Familiarity with vision science research methods and concepts in the area of molecular and cell biology or vertebrate retina samples
- Research experience in vision science and retina cell biology as conducted in animal models of inherited blinding diseases in humans
- Ability to analyze and pay attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and record
- Experience using related laboratory software
- Familiarity with the specific projects and data sets that will be used for analysis and writing of scientific manuscripts.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Per the UPTE Contract, Article 31, Section B - 3: "The automatic conversion to career status, as provided in B.2. above will not occur when: C.
The funding for the position is one time funding, of eighteen (18) months or less"
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1702&PostingSeq=1