Duties and responsibilities:
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and research. Successful candidates are expected to:
- Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate level courses.
- Supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate projects.
- Engage in scholarly research activities leading to publications in refereed international journals.
- Play an important role in research, curriculum development, graduate supervision and attracting research funding.
The minimum requirements for the position are:
- Qualification: BSc and PhD in mathematics. All specialties will be considered, but special preference will be given to applicants with active research in Differential Geometry, Complex analysis, Classical and Fractional Differential Equations.
- Teaching Experience: At least 2 years of teaching and research experience in a recognized academic institution. All teaching is in English.
- Scholarship: Research contributions must be demonstrated through publication in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Attractive tax-free base salary
- Free furnished accommodation
- A renewable contract
- End-of-service gratuity
- Subsidized schooling for up to two children
- 60 days’ annual leave with return air tickets for the staff, eligible spouse and three children below 18 years
- Free medical services in government hospitals in country
Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) is the National University of the Sultanate of Oman. It is located within the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas The College of Science at SQU provides a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, and range of service courses. The language of instruction is English. The department of Mathematics is one of the largest departments in the University.