A Level D academic is expected to make a significant contribution to all activities of the organisational unit or interdisciplinary area and play a significant role within their profession or discipline. Academics at this level may be appointed in recognition of distinction in their disciplinary area.
Specific duties required of a Level D academic may include:
1. The preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and clinical sessions
2. Initiation and development of course materials
3. Course coordination including offering guidance to assistant lecturers and supervision of sessional staff in teaching unit/s if required
4. Consultation with students and supervision of PhD, honours and postgraduate students
5. Preparation and assessment of student assignments and examinations
6. Conduct of original research that will lead to publications in refereed journals or with high level academic or commercial publishers and attract external and government funding
7. Significant role in research project including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team
8. Significant contribution to the profession and/or discipline both nationally and internationally
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
1. The appointee will have:
• a doctoral qualification and/or recognised significant experience in the relevant discipline area
In determining experience relative to qualifications, regard shall be had to teaching experience, experience in research, experience outside tertiary education, creative achievement, professional contributions and/or contributions to technical achievement. In addition, a position at this level will normally require a record of demonstrable scholarly and professional achievement in the relevant discipline area.
Knowledge and Skills
2. A strong publication record in high-quality journals or equivalent and outstanding contribution to the discipline
3. Successful track record in obtaining external research grants
4. Record of successful supervision of postgraduate research students and the ability to make a significant contribution to postgraduate training programs
5. Demonstrated excellence in teaching in the relevant discipline area (i.e. through evaluations, innovation in presentation and through curriculum development)
6. Demonstrated ability to mentor staff and students
7. High level of interpersonal skills and a proven ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues, students and members of community and professional bodies
8. Demonstrated leadership in committees and other administrative work and portfolios
9. Proven ability to promote the discipline internally within the university as well as externally both nationally and internationally
10. A demonstrated capacity to work in a collegiate manner with other staff in the workplace
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and key selection criteria document to email@example.com and quote the job number
Monash University is Australia's largest university, and member of the prestigious Group of Eight research intensive universities. Monash consistently rates in the top 100 universities in the world. In the 2019 QS Top Universities ranking, Monash ranked between 51 to 100 in the world in Biological Sciences and ranked 32 in the world in Medicine.
Monash University Malaysia (MUM) is Monash's third largest campus, with over 8000 students and 900 staff. We are a comprehensive campus offering degrees in business, engineering, medicine, science, information technology, pharmacy, social science and humanities. We are rated among the very best among universities in Malaysia, and the quality of our research output positions us among the very best universities in Southeast Asia.
MUM provides Monash University with a platform for scholarly engagement with the dynamic Southeast Asia region. We are located in greater Kuala Lumpur, in the Klang Valley, one of the region's industrial hotspots. We sit in the heart of the rapidly developing economic corridor linking Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and beyond. Our education and research is oriented towards deep engagement with this dynamic social and industrial landscape.
In 2018, we celebrated our twentieth anniversary in Malaysia. During this time we have produced more than 16,000 graduates from more than 70 different countries. We provide a diverse and inclusive scholarly environment.
Monash is a six Star SETARA university as rated by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. This places us in the very top "outstanding" cohort of Malaysian Universities.
For further information see www.monash.edu.my.
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
One of ten faculties at Monash, and one of the largest science faculties in Australia, Science has a total enrolment of approximately 3,500 students. Six schools offer a large and diverse range of disciplines in undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Ten departments from other Monash faculties contribute to science teaching at all levels, allowing students to choose their studies from physical, biological, biomedical, behavioural, environmental, mathematical and computer sciences.
The faculty's mission is to provide innovative, comprehensive and student-centred programs in science education, and to conduct highly original and significant research to the best international standards.
Schools in the Faculty of Science include:
[*] Clayton campus:
o School of Biological Sciences
o School of Chemistry
o School of Earth, Atmosphere and Environment
o School of Mathematical Sciences
o School of Physics and Astronomy
[*] Malaysia campus
o School of Science
The School of Science currently has 3 discipline areas:
[*] Biological Sciences
[*] Food and Physical Sciences
[*] Medical Bioscience
The School with dedicated staff from different countries offers highly competitive student-centred academic programs with a strong commitment to innovative research and life-long learning. Currently, there are approximately 700 students studying in the School.
A range of undergraduate academic programs are offered in the School of Science. The School also offers honours programs and postgraduate programs leading to the degrees of Master of Science (MSc) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
The School undertakes research to international standards and also hosts the campus-wide Tropical Medicine and Biology Multidisciplinary Platform that includes a state-of-the-art genomics facility.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.