Wood Research Laboratory of the Technical University of Munich Univ.-Prof. Dr. Klaus Richter, Chair of Wood Science The chair of Wood Science at TUM and the linked professorships support an innovative and sustainable utilization of wood-based materials and products through competitive research, high-level education, and development projects. For the research area of Wood Materials Science, whose activities are addressing mechanisms and processes at different hierarchical levels of wooden substrates and products, we are seeking a Research Associate (m/f/d) – Postdoc Wood Materials Science.
- Synthesis of wood-based monomers and particles.
- Characterization of the corresponding high-performance polymers and composites for their integration into industrial applications.
- Self-reliant development, application and management of the project.
- An excellent doctoral degree in Organic/Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science or similar disciplines.
- Relevant achievements in research regarding the career level.
- Enthusiasm for research and scientific work incl. focused communication of the results.
- Self-reliant working and capability to motivate and perform in teams.
- Advanced proficiency in English speaking and writing.
- Inspiring and flexible working conditions in a lively scientific community.
- Support of participating in national and international conferences.
- An applied project supported and founded by industry.
- Contract duration initially 1 year, extension to be decided upon performance.
- Salary according to TV-L, full-time position.
- Working place in Munich Schwabing-West.
- Starting date is ideally January 2023.
- Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications
- TUM explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from women (Art. 7 Abs. 3 BayGlG)
Please send your application (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, certificates, credentials, 2 reference letters) not later than September 15th, 2022 to the TUM Chair of Wood Science, Prof. Dr. Klaus Richter, Winzererstr. 45, 80797 Munich. Email: email@example.com. For further information, please contact Dr. Antoni Sanchez-Ferrer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org