The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the below stated positions;
The position of LECTURER is offered on fixed term contract of five (5) years or pensionable terms.
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
Chemical and Forensic Sciences
LECTURER FORENSIC SCIENCE
- A PhD in Forensic Science or MSc in Forensic Science and a PhD in a related discipline or a PhD in related discipline and professional experience in Forensic Science
- Proven knowledge and experience in Forensic criminalistics and trace evidence analysis as well as forensic science laboratory techniques
- Should be knowledgeable in crime scene management including the handling of different types of forensic evidence.
- Should be able to teach other topics in forensic science such as document examination, impression evidence, blood pattern analysis and other related topics.
- Teaching experience and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students will be considered as added advantages
- Research and publications will be considered as added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES/ SKILLS
- In depth understanding of own specialization to enable the development of new knowledge, innovation and understanding within the field
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies’ e.g., for funding and accreditation purposes
- Understanding of academic management structures and their functioning
- Excellent knowledge of the international academic discipline environment
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Effective communication skills
The University offers an attractive package commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated positions please send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least three (3) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
Closing date for the advertisement is
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
For any further enquiries, you may contact Ms Taolo/Ms Oleseng 4931316/4931305/4931307