This is a grant funded position and is not eligible for severance pay.
The faculty in MBM are united by a common interest in the biology of microbes (bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites) and the effects of microbes on human and animal hosts. The microbial pathogens program studies microorganisms that cause infectious diseases, with emphasis on rigorous analysis of these pathogens and the immune responses that restrict them.
Program investigators direct detailed studies of pathogenic bacteria, viruses, fungi and eukaryotic parasites. Research topics include structural analysis of virus entry, viral evolution, viral oncogenes, intracellular bacterial pathogens, microorganisms that cause diarrhea and pneumonia, intracellular signaling, pathogen adhesion, genetic determinants involved in susceptibility to infection, vaccine development, and identification of novel antimicrobial agents.
What You'll Do
In collaboration with Principal Investigator, The Research Assistant responsibilities include:
- Develops and modifies techniques and protocols
- Provides input into research and analysis design
- Works independently performing a wide range of specialized analysis and mathematical modeling techniques
- Analyzes data, interprets results and assists in writing materials for publication and presentation
- Assists in managing laboratory analysis operations
- May supervise or provide work direction to others in the laboratory
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or mathematics and 3-5 years of related analysis experience OR Master's degree and up to 1 year analysis experience
- Master's degree in science, engineering, or mathematics
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced analysis techniques and procedures, computer programming, data interpretation, and statistical analysis
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Occasional need to work beyond regular work hours, holidays, or weekends, based on experiments demand
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.