The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate is offering a unique opportunity that will support the Office of Innovation and Collaboration (I&C) to develop, build and maintain a database/website interface for technical analyses, program reviews, and annual reports.
What will I be doing? You will review and examine the existing databases within the I&C, assess the needs of I&C staff and customers, develop a strategic plan for I&C database management and collaborate in the execution of a development plan.
Other activities may include:
- Develop databases to support innovative web-based applications.
- Troubleshoot software problems and provide solutions to overcome those problems.
- Present development progress to management, colleagues, and customers.
- Develop plans for better leveraging those capabilities to address S&T needs.
- Collaborate in the development of impact metrics for the capabilities.
- Brief I&C leadership and S&T stakeholders on database requirements, desired impact and development progress
Location: Washington DC
Anticipated Start Date: Application reviews will begin on September 30, 2020 and continue until a candidate is selected for this opportunity.
- Competitive stipend as determined by DHS
- Health Insurance Supplement. Participants are eligible to purchase health insurance through ORISE.
- Relocation Allowance
- Training and Travel Allowance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The desired candidate will have:
- Experience in database or information system management, development, and strategic planning for an organization
- Completed undergraduate degree
- Completed coursework or have experience in database design, information management, computer science or related field
- Experience with one or more computer programming languages (C#, VBA, C++, R, Python, Java, etc.)
- Interest in developing strategic plans for database development to meet an organization’s needs