Silicon Quantum Computing Pty Limited (SQC) is an Australian Research and Development company with the focused goal of making quantum computers a reality. SQC is co-located at UNSW Sydney with the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology (CQC2T or Centre), one of Australia’s elite research organisations conducting globally-leading research in atomic electronics and quantum computing with the specific aim of building a quantum computer based on atom-qubits in silicon.
SQC is growing, offering 12 new positions within a dynamic and highly collaborative environment spanning science, engineering, hardware, and software. These new roles will join the team led by Professor Michelle Simmons who has an international reputation for pioneering radical new atomic scale fabrication technology. The group is poised to scale to 10-qubit architectures by 2023 and 100-qubit architectures within the decade.
Roles (salaries exclusive of 17% super)
1. Quantum Computer Device Physicist, $110k – $153k, 5 years
2. RF Quantum Computer Device Engineer, $110k – $153k, 5 years
3. Senior Device Processing Scientist, $110k – $153k, 5 years
4. Quantum Computing: Applied Algorithm Researcher, $110k – $153k, 3 years
5. Quantum Computing: Multi-qubit Device Physicist, $110k – $153k, 3 years
6. Device Processing Engineer, $98k – $106k, 3 years
7. Junior Device Processing Engineer, $76k – $95k, 2 years
8. Senior FPGA-DSP Engineer, $98k – $123k, 3 years
9. Junior Hardware Engineer, $76k – $86k, 3 years
10. Senior Software Engineer, $98k – $106k, 3 years
11. Software Engineer, $76k – $95k, 2 years
12. Junior Software Engineer, $70k – $74k, 2 years
- Silicon Quantum Computing is a well-funded company with a unique mix of government, university, and corporate investors – including Federal Government, CBA, Telstra, NSW Government and UNSW Sydney.
- SQC is seeking to commercialise silicon quantum computing technology – technology that has the potential to have global impact when realised.
- SQC’s technologies build on 20 years of world-leading research by the Centre and include the development of novel fabrication and advanced measurement techniques towards a quantum processor based in silicon.
- These roles and the Company are co-located with the headquarters of the Centre at UNSW Sydney.
These prestigious positions provide a unique opportunity to work within a truly multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the very forefront of quantum computing internationally.
Applications close: August 20, 2021 (AEST)