The University of Alabama in Huntsville is accepting applications for 2 regular full-time Postdoctoral Research Assistant positions to work in the Center for Space Plasma and Aeronomic Research for approximately two years with the potential for renewal. The position provides support for research initiatives using a wide range of observational tools, including ground-based facilities such as all-sky imagers, magnetometers, SuperDARN, and ISR, low-altitude satellites such as DMSP and SWARM, and magnetospheric missions such as THEMIS and MMS in the general area of magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling.
The salary range for this position is approximately $52,216 – $55,000.
- PhD in Space Science or Physics is required
- 2 – 2 ½ years of full-time verifiable work experience
- Experience in analyzing ground-based or space-borne data is highly desired
- Proficiency in IDL is desired
How to Apply:
To be considered use the below link to submit the following through the UAH employment site and also send requested materials by email to Dr. Ying Zou: email@example.com
1. A cover letter describing background, qualifications, and experience relevant to the
2. A full curriculum vitae (CV) – detailing education, awards, publications, research
3. A research statement describing research interest.
4. Contact information for three professional references
The duration is two years with the potential for renewal. Salary will follow the UAH standard for post-doctoral scholars and will scale with the applicant’s experience.