Preference will be given to candidates with active research in Discrete Mathematics and Complex Analysis.
Duties and responsibilities
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and research. Successful candidates are expected to:
- Teach both undergraduate and postgraduate level courses.
- Supervise both undergraduate and postgraduate projects.
- Engage in scholarly research activities leading to publications in refereed international journals.
- Play an important role in research, curriculum development, graduate supervision and attracting research funding.
The minimum requirements for the position are:
BSc and PhD in mathematics. All specialties will be considered, but special preference will be given to applicants with active research in Discrete Mathematics and/or Complex Analysis.
- Teaching Experience:
At least 2 years of teaching and research experience in a recognized academic institution. All teaching is in English.
Research contributions must be demonstrated through publication in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Attractive tax-free base salary
- Free furnished accommodation
- A renewable contract
- End-of-service gratuity
- Subsidized schooling for up to two children
- 60 days’ annual leave with return air tickets for the staff, eligible spouse and three children below 18 years
- Free medical services in government hospitals in country.
**PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION BOTH online (https://jobs.squ.edu.om/JobListing.aspx) and email (email@example.com) of your updated CV, Statement of teaching philosophy and long term research goals by September 31, 2019 at the latest.
The department started in 1986 as a department of Mathematics and Computing offering a single Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and computing. This evolved into three Bachelor degrees in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science. In 1995 the department of Computer Science was established to host the Computer Science degree. The mother department name then changed to Mathematics and Statistics (DOMAS). In 2018, the department of Mathematics and Statistics (DOMAS) split into two departments; the department of Mathematics and the department of Statistics.
Department of Mathematics is among the largest departments in the University with over 40 faculty members. The department offers programs leading to B.Sc degree in Mathematics, M.Sc degree in pure Mathematics and M. Sc degree in applied Mathematics, and a doctorate degree in Mathematics. The department offers service courses to several colleges in SQU. The department is committed to quality teaching, research and community service. Department of Mathematics faculty members are very active in research.