IIT Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for faculty positions in all areas of Chemistry. Candidates in the areas of Theoretical Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Material Chemistry, Main Group Chemistry and Catalysis, and scholars whose work is interdisciplinary are especially encouraged to apply. IITGN is looking for applicants with a passion for teaching and demonstrated excellence in research. Successful candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses, conduct independent research in their fields of expertise and contribute to Institute service.
IIT Gandhinagar has embarked on an ambitious journey to become the best educational institute in India and among the best in the world. The institute promotes critical thinking and encourages innovations. We have experimented with numerous ideas in curriculum, student affairs, faculty recruitment, and faculty management. Interdisciplinarity and diversity are our DNA. Our faculty members graduated from world’s leading institutes and 80% have overseas degree or post doc experience. We are currently home to 6 Ramanujam Fellows, 9 INSPIRE Fellows, and 2 Ramalingaswami Fellows.
UNPARALLELED RESEARCH SUPPORT
- Attractive start-up grants (with no upper limit restrictions)
- Separate budget for procuring high-end research infrastructure
- Faculty excellence awards for exceptional research, teaching, outreach, and institute service
- Schemes to attract top-quality PhD students (higher scholarship and early offers)
- Generous travel support for faculty and students
- Institute funded postdoctoral fellows for research productive faculty
- Liberal international conference support for PhD students
- Fully-funded opportunities for PhD students to spend a semester in an overseas university for research
DIVERSITY AND INTERDISCIPLINARITY
- World class faculty from renowed institutes such as MIT, CMU, Cornell, UIUC, etc
- Faculty from 18 states in India
- 20% women faculty members
- Opportunity for multi disciplinary appointments
- Can teach and guide students in any discipline
- Award-winning curriculum
- Project-based learning, creativity and entrepreneurship encouraged
- Emphasis on design, humanities, and life sciences promote out-of-the-box and non-linear thinking
- 40% of UG and 77% of PhD students receive international exposure
CAMPUS AND LOCATION
- Modern, world-class, riverfront campus
- Spacious on-campus housing for faculty
- On-site daycare center
- Green campus with clean air
- Excellent connectivity via air, road and rail. The Institute is about 30 minutes from the Ahmedabad international airport
- Located near Ahmedabad, one of India’s safest cities and the only UNESCO designated world heritage city in India
- Close proximity of one of India’s leading industrial hubs and prestigious educational institutes, including Physical Research Laboratory, IIM Ahmedabad, National Institute of Design, ISRO Space Applications Centre, etc.
Rolling recruitment. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
APPLICATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
General queries: email@example.com
Discipline related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org