Physics Instructor- CAS
Posting Date: July 30, 2019 Posting End Date: August 30, 2019
Position: Physics Instructor Location: College of Arts and Sciences- Physics
Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University seeking "Excellence in Every Way," the ideal Instructor will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the university’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach 9-credit hour undergraduate classes each semester. Classes taught will include physical science, algebra-based or calculus-based introductory physics lectures and laboratories, as well as courses for our majors such as modern physics, laser, or solid state physics
- Attend faculty meetings
- Mentor students
- Participate in departmental governance and contribute to departmental service
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Physics or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university
- Two years of teaching experience in higher education (courses listed above)
Commensurate with education, training and experience
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, (3) to (5) letters of reference (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment. Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.