Faculty, Assistant Professor, Tenure Track - Cybersecurity
: Faculty - Tenure Track (FT)
The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) Department at Utah Valley University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track faculty position in Cybersecurity to begin January 2022 or August 2022. The successful candidate will teach a variety of Cybersecurity classes, participate in accreditation assessment processes (ABET), create and use innovative instructional materials, and teach day, evening, weekend, online, hybrid, or off-campus courses as needed or assigned. Expertise and experience in teaching at least three of the following cybersecurity areas is desirable: cybersecurity fundamentals, network defense and countermeasures, mobile devices forensics, digital forensics investigations, network security, web application security, and cybersecurity risk management.
Utah Valley University places strong emphasis on teaching. Faculty members are expected to develop a learning environment and activities that help students achieve their learning objectives. Faculty members are also expected to perform in scholarship and service (e.g., active participation on university, college, and department committees).
Utah Valley University is the largest public university in Utah and serves roughly 41,000 students, with over 500 students majoring in Information Technology and Information Systems. For more information about UVU and the IS&T department, candidates are encouraged to review the mission of the university and the Information Systems & Technology department webpage. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Graduation from an accredited institution with an earned doctorate (or ABD with degree completion required by start date) in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely related academic eld.
Cybersecurity teaching, training, and/or industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent teaching skills.
* Knowledge of subject matter and course content pertinent to cybersecurity programs.
* Expertise in tools appropriate for upper-division and graduate-level technical cybersecurity courses.
* Knowledge of cybersecurity trends.
* Knowledge of online teaching environments and learning course management systems, such as Canvas.
* Knowledge of accreditation outcomes assessment process.
* Ability to plan measurable objectives, prepare instructional materials, and follow an approved curriculum.
* Ability to assess student work and maintain and submit accurate and current plans, reports, and records involving student accountability, attendance, and performance.
* Ability to assist academic advisors, the department chairperson, and/or the program coordinators, faculty, department staff, and industry partners in maintaining effective programs.
* Interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Educational or training curriculum development skills.
* Enterprise security design and implementation skills.
Relevant industry certifications, such as CISSP, GIAC, and/or CISM preferred
Minimum of 2 years of related cybersecurity teaching, training, and/or industry experience Evidence of scholarship (e.g., publication of research in peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings, or presentations at academic or professional conferences)
Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, talking, continuous hearing, seeing, and vision ability. May occasionally climb, bend, stoop, twist or reach.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Discuss your cybersecurity technical skills, tools used, and practical experience in your cover letter. Review courses at https://www.uvu.edu/catalog/current/courses/information-technology/. List top 5 (in order) courses qualified to teach. Provide this information in your application materials.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/24915
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.