RIT Dubai is currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates for a full-time Assistant Professor (Non-Rolling Contract) position starting in the Spring semester of 2022 (January 2022). RIT Dubai is looking for a highly qualified, motivated and enthusiastic individual. The successful candidate is expected to instruct undergraduate courses in the broad area of science
The new faculty member will teach up to five courses each semester.
- Teach algebra- and calculus-based physics and related labs for undergraduate students and perform all related duties.
- Teach mathematics courses; such as calculus, discrete math, linear algebra, and differential equations; for computer science and engineering students and perform all related duties.
- Conduct regular office hours to assist students with various aspects of course work.
- Develop course syllabi and lectures per RIT standards and requirements.
- Develop course portfolios per the Ministry of Education requirements.
- Have the ability and interest in contributing to the student-centered RIT Dubai community through involvement in different committees and services to the institution.
- Have a strong research profile and the ability to create new research projects within the department or across departments.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the department chairman.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- PhD in Applied Mathematics or Physics
- Previous undergraduates teaching experience in-class and online format.
- Ability to teach a wide range of courses in Mathematics and Physics at the undergraduate foundational level.
- Excellent (spoken, written, and reading) English communication skills.
APPLICATION AND NOMINATION
Please email your application to email@example.com. Please submit the following items as part of your application:
- Subject line must include the source, your name and position you are applying for; e.g.: AcademicKeys – Name – Assistant Professor of Mathematics & Physics
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information
- A cover letter detailing your technical/professional, teaching, and scholarship qualifications and achievements, and how these address the required and preferred qualifications for the position.
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of three professional references
Applications review will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit RIT Dubai website at www.rit.edu/dubai