The University Learning Center at the University at Buffalo is accepting applications for current and future openings for Adjunct Instructors to teach mathematics courses: ULC 147 Intermediate Algebra and ULC 148 Algebra and Trigonometry.
These are part-time temporary positions which pay $3,500 per course. Applications are being accepted on an on-going basis, and positions will be filled as needed on a semester-by-semester basis.
Specific responsibilities for Learning Center Adjunct Instructors include:
1. Teach Learning Center math courses (4-credit hour courses).
2. Meet all classes promptly and regularly.
3. Diagnose student strengths and weaknesses by administering, scoring, and interpreting pre-tests during the 1st week of classes.
4. Prepare lesson plans that reflect component curriculum and indicate appropriately prescribed developmental learning experiences for students.
5. Evaluate student class, home, and/or special assignments.
6. Maintain office hours for students.
7. Record keeping – including but not limited to class records (attendance, grades), pre/post testing data, midterm evaluations, final grades.
8. Use UBLearns/Blackboard to communicate with students and post relevant course documents (syllabus, etc).
9. Use UB email to communicate with students.