A PhD student position (salary E 13 TV-L, 67 %, for three years) will be filled at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg by 01 September 2018. The research is part of the Project Selective Recognition by Nanoparticle-Imprinted Thin Films funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft.
The tasks comprises the preparation or organic thin films and their characterization with respect to structure, reconition and release function using voltammetric experiments and scanning electron microscopy, x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), polarisation modulation infrared reflection absorption spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy.
The research shall be used for preparing a PhD thesis.
- Master of Science from a research university in chemistry or closely related fields
- practical and theoretical knowledge in electrochemistry and in spectroscopic
- Hands on experiences in wet chemical laboratory and in using large scale instrumentation
- good English language skills
Of advantage are:
- Experiences in in organic and inorganic chemical synthesis, experiences in working with nanoparticles, theoretical and laboratory experiences in analytical chemistry
Applications (including a curriculum vitae, a list of publications and copies of certificates including marks and diploma supplements) should be mailed to Prof. Dr. Gunther Wittstock, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Institut für Chemie, D-26111 Oldenburg or submitted electronically (firstname.lastname@example.org, one PDF-file) to arrive no later than July 27, 2018. The full German text of this opening is available under https://www.uni-oldenburg.de/stellen/?stelle=66062.