The Simmons College Department of Chemistry & Physics invites applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position beginning Fall 2019.
We are looking for energetic and independent experimental physicist with a passion for teaching and involving undergraduates in hands on research in the environment of a small urban liberal arts college. Candidates must have a PhD in Physics or related field with experience in teaching undergraduate lecture and lab courses. Post-Doctoral Training or the equivalent is required, with a minimum of 2 years preferred. This position will involve teaching lectures and/or labs in Physics in the areas of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, and Wave Phenomena. Candidates with experience in physics instrumentation and materials research will be given priority.
Additional Responsibilities include:
Instructions for Applicants
- Ongoing scholarly activity that may include research, grant funding and publications. Conducting a research program accessible to undergraduate research participation, from first-year to senior independent learning students.
- Provide service to the Department, such as through assisting in the troubleshooting or maintenance of instruments related to the laboratory courses in which you teach and assisting as a liaison with vendor field engineers.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of the curriculum in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the Chemistry Department and the College
- Participate in the advisement of Chemistry and Physics majors and minors
- Participate in Chemistry and Physics Department, College, and College committees as elected or appointed
Interested candidates should submit the following electronically with their application: (1) a cover letter including key qualifications for the position (2) curriculum vitae (3) statement of Research Program with emphasis on undergraduate student integration (4) statement of Teaching Philosophy and (5) the contact information for at least three professional references.
All documents should be uploaded in the Resume/CV
section on the 'My Experience' page of the electronic application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Assistant-Professor-of-Physics--Tenure-track_R04587
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.