The University of the South Pacific seeks to fill the position of Lecturer in Earth Science in the School of Geography, Earth Science and Environment. The appointee will teach undergraduate courses in Earth Science, develop research in his/her area of expertise and apply for external research funding, undertake administrative tasks as required by the School, Faculty and University. The position is based at Laucala Campus, Fiji however; you will have the opportunity to travel to other USP Campuses in the Pacific Region.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A PhD in Earth Science or a cognate discipline;
- Good relevant tertiary teaching experience and/or a formal tertiary teaching qualification;
- A strong record of internationally recognised research and publications;
- Expertise in one or more sub disciplines within Earth Science;
- Experience in the breadth of Earth Science, including a solid understanding of processes of the atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere and lithosphere.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience working and or teaching in developing countries;
- Experience in distance teaching and flexible learning.
The position is available for a term of 5 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Lecturer FJ $66,990 to FJ $88,144 per annum
In addition to the above benefits, the University contributes 10% of basic salary to an approved superannuation scheme, provides airfare and relocation costs where appropriate.
Enquiries: Dr. Naohiro Nakamura; tel.: 32 31734; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.